Just letting you know, this blog is over two years behind. If you’re here, then check out my main photo page at www.paulhoustonphoto.com Thanks!
It’s time for another Paul Houston Photography contest!
Win a free bridal session, engagement session and take $500 off any wedding package from Paul Houston Photography!
Entry dates: 2/8 – 2/24
Voting dates: 2/25 – 3/10
A date? Check.
A location? Check.
Photographer? Well, this is where I come in!
How to enter:
All you need to do is…
- Start by following the contest tab at the top of the Paul Houston Photography Facebook page (it reads, “2013 Contest”) and upload a photo of you & your fiancé! Include a little blurb about how you met and your wedding plans! Make sure to include your wedding date and what makes your wedding (and the two of you) unique!
- Next join Paul Houston Photography’s Facebook Fan page and Paul Houston Films (Click that nifty ‘like’ button…c’mon).
- Contest opens for entries on Friday, February 8th, 2013.
- On Sunday, February 24th, 2013 at midnight submissions will close.
- On Monday, February 25th, 2013 all the contestants pics & blurbs will be posted on Facebook.
- Invite all your friends to find your photo in the contest app and vote for your picture on the Paul Houston Photography fan page. Each vote counts as one.
- Voting will close on Sunday, March 10th, 2013 at midnight. That’s TWO WEEKS to get all the votes you can!
The Gist & Prizes:
- The finalists will be determined by the amount of votes their photo receives. So you’re going to have to promote yourself! On the 11th PHP will announce the couple that received the most votes.
- The couple with the most votes will receive the Grand Prize: Free two-hour bridal session, tw0-hour engagement session, and $500 discount off any wedding photography package.
- The second place couple will receive a 10% discount off any wedding photography package.
- This contest is open only to residents of the 50 states.
- The event date must be during the years 2013 or 2014 and is subject to availability.
- All entries must be received by Sunday, February 24th, 2013 at midnight to be eligible.
- Finalists will be determined by the number of votes on their pictures on the PHP contest app and will be notified on or after March 11th, 2013.
- Unfortunately, if you are already a booked client you are not eligible [ sorry =( ]
- Wedding photography sessions associated with this contest may take place anywhere in the world, BUT all transportation and lodging costs must be covered by the contest winners if the wedding is to take place outside of Oklahoma or Southern California and must be arranged 30 days before the wedding or session.
- The winners will be announced on Facebook as well as contacted via email. Failure to respond within ten days will result in forfeiture & the prize will be given to the couple with the next highest number of votes.
- The free engagement, bridal sessions and $500 discount grand prize is non transferable.
- Paul Houston Photography retains the copyright to all images taken during the wedding/session. The winners, by their acceptance agree to allow their photos to be used for commercial use, reproductions for portfolio samples, self-promotion, and professional competition.
- Contest winnings may not be combined with current “$200 off” promotion.
- Paul Houston Photography is strictly responsible for this contest, it’s prizes, and management. Facebook and affiliates are in no way legally responsible for the rules, regulations, or restitutions.
“Like” us here! –> Paul Houston Photography on Facebook
Don’t forget to tell your FRIENDS about the contest…even if YOU aren’t engaged, chances are you know SOMEONE who is!
This amazing bride gave me permission to post just one shot from our bridal session! I won’t give away any details about the shoot, but I will say I had a great time and can’t wait to post more after the wedding!
I was happy to get in a legitimate “Fall” photo shoot before the inevitable first frost of winter hit… and boy did it hit quick. Thanks to Karli and Luke for putting up with me as I dragged the two of them all across town to find the right ‘spot’! haha.
So here it is, a preview of Karli and Luke’s Fall engagement session! :)
Usually I post about engagements, weddings, cool photog realted stuff… Today I thought I’d post about what I REALLY love to do which is photo and video journalism!
In case you haven’t heard or, in fact, you live under a rock, there are some massive protests going on referred to as the Occupy Wall Street movement.
Most of the larger populated cities around the country have protesters out every day and night supporting what they believe is right. Now, as a media journalist, I am not one to choose favorites as far as which side is right.
Basically, I keep my mouth shut and stay out of it. If anyone asks, I say, “I am a non-biased mediator!”.
For the last week, these protests have hit very close to home… Literally.
The Occupy Tulsa protests have recently gotten a little heated ever since the use of pepper spray by the Tulsa Police Dept. (TPD) during a non-violent protest last week. I decided I would make the short (1.5 hour) drive up to Tulsa to see for my self exactly what is going on there. So I packed my video gear and headed out!
[vsw id="31648483" source="vimeo" width="640" height="360" autoplay="no"]
Jeremy + Cheri
Jeremy contacts me a few weeks ago about his surprise proposal plan he had in the works. He asked if I would like to be there to capture the moment she would
presumably say yes.
This would be my first time sitting in on someone else’s proposal, so, without hesitation, I said “of course!”.
I remember when Cheri moved here from Elk City. It took a little time to find Jeremy, but when she did, I could tell it was a great match.
Jeremy is definitely a cool guy and a good friend. I’m happy he asked me to be a part of such an important moment in each of their lives!
I’ll let the photos tell most of this story.
Congratulations you two! I’m excited and looking forward to all of the engagement, bridal, wedding and (baby?) photos coming up!!
I had a great time shooting this for Leslie and Kris! These two definitely make a unique couple. The ceremony was actually held at the courthouse and I decided to leave those clips out of this highlight video. Once we got back to the club house at Cobblestone it was straight into cocktail hour prior to the main reception.
I teamed up with Sky on this one so the photography portion was well covered. If your’e interested in photography and cinematography at your wedding, give us a shout!
[vsw id="29209634" source="vimeo" width="640" height="360" autoplay="no"]
Tamron 17-55 f2.8
Custom built dolly rig
Premiere Pro CS5.5
Music: Harry Connick Jr.
Posted in Cinema, video, weddings
Tagged cinema, cinematographer, cinematography, film, houston, oklahoma, paul, video, videographer, wedding
[JAN 30th, 2012 UPDATE! Filming is finished! New post coming soon!]
Today was the first day of shooting for a series of short documentaries directed and produced by yours truly.
This first film focuses on a free-spirited man who runs an old school screen-printing shop in the heart of an urban sprawl in downtown Oklahoma City. His personality leaves little to the imagination.
Meet Jeff… and ‘dog’.
Here, Jeff and I discussed shooting dates/times and figured out the logistical [stuff].
Some shots around the shop.
I went ahead and threw some clips together and thought I’d share some screen shots.
Right now, I’m working on a short trailer to post so you can get a glimpse of what I’m working on!
Posted in Behind the Scenes, Cinema, video
Tagged canon, cinema, cinematography, dslr, film, filmmaking, independent, oklahoma, video